Skip to main content

The Best Product For Locking Hair

Disclaimer
The Kinky-ier / nappy-ier/ curlier your hair is the faster you’ll see results with this product.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I suggest you take a seat if you aren’t, strap on your seat belt and wait for it….

This product is the best thing nature has to offer, the most effective and affordable to all classes of income. It’s easy to purchase and available in all parts of the earth known to man. I know you are thinking “it has to be WATER” but no you are wrong. It is even more accessible because you already have it, I promise not to keep you waiting for much longer…. But let me just say this when you use it, it is guaranteed to work wonders; not just for locking your hair but for attaining length too. This product is the best, when in doubt use it and you’ll never regret it. Now let me introduce you to the one and only product guaranteed to loc your hair….

Put your hands together for….. “TIME”.

J I hope you are not disappointed, but this is one truth that should be said more often in the hair community. Regardless of the method you start locs with, Time has the biggest role in helping you see results. For instance, when my locs were started in 2009, the method used was very shoddy but my hair locked eventually. Not because of the coffee and toothpaste mix (please don’t ask) or the block of mattress that was used to rub my hair/head aggressively but because Time passed and Kinky hair did what it had to. It Locked.

When you start out locs with the free form method, Time evidently plays its part. Ever wondered why the locking process is broken down into phases?… Starter/Baby locs, Budding Phase and then finally the Locked phase, it is because time has to pass. I’ll move to the interlocking method, whilst results seem immediate, look closely at those interlocked strands, you’ll see a difference between the freshly interlocked part and the part that time has done a number on.

The good thing about locking your hair is that you don’t have to sit around waiting for it to happen, all you have to do is carry on with life and it happens eventually. This brings me to one of my very good friends called Patience. Please don’t be a product junkie, there’s no need. A good shampoo, conditioner, a blend of oils and some patience whilst letting time do it's thing is all you really really need on this path .

If you have scalp issues or need for any other products then it will be wise to discuss with an experienced hair care professional, Trichologist or Dermatologist. Hope you’ve gained a thing or two from this post. Do you agree or do you have a product that tops Time? Let me know, drop a comment if you please.

Last week was ultimate week of Weddings in my life, so permit me to disturb you with a couple of selfies.
 
#YorubaGirl #Owanbe #PonytailInsideGele

This was a DIY, flat twist/two strand Twist Combo to Dolly's wedding.
Too busy being Best lady, Not enough selfies.

Ok, gat to go now, I remain loc’ed with a very positive attitude.

Your Loc Head
Ade
#Team Locitude.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Locitude #LocInspiration Hair Styles for Short Locs.

Hello Loc Heads, This one is obviously for fellow loc heads in the awkward phase of their locs. The awkward phase is usually sometime around Day 1 - Year 2; when your head is full of scalp after a fresh re-twist and your locs seem too scanty, when your hair unravels after a fresh re-twist before you say can say Jack Robinson; when you think water is your worst enemy because it's preventing your locs from forming; when you are having a bad hair day and you feel like - Oh God if only I could get my hair into a ponytail it would do. I can go on and on... but instead I present you with 7 Style Ideas for short locs. #LocInspiration no. 1: Loc loops or Loc petals. Reminds me of a cropped hair cut, this style looks classy and elegant. Can be worn to an event. It's also neat and can help with a more serious/subtle look. #LocInspiration no. 2: Pinned Up side. Even though it is just pinning up one side of your locs, it always make a difference. A touch Style. You can use ha

Hair How To: Loc Loops/Petals in 4 easy steps.

Hello, #TGIF #ItsTheWeekendBaby #PhotoShootModeActivated #Locitude #HairHowTo #LocsAndAttitude #LocWorkshop #ComingSoon #OkReadBelow. I'm obviously excited, payments for my shipment on brand new dada products stock has finally gone through (It is not easy to be a Nigerian #That'sAll), now waiting for the products to get here. I hope it doesn't take forever. I found this FREE accounting app called waves app, which is helping keep my spend together. I usually get excited when I learn new stuff, so yaaaayi. Seems this hobby is becoming a business sooner than I imagined. Sorry back to the Loc loop Tutorial... Step 1: Select two strands of locs close to each other. (You can use only one strand of loc only or 3-4 depending on how thick your locs are) Step 2: Take the ends of your strands, fold them towards the roots making a loop Step 3: Fasten the base of the loop with a tiny rubber band. Make sure it's not too tight. Step 4: Style to your taste

How I Keep My Loc Curls in Check - The 3 step process.

Hey y'all, Today was a good me day, got to hang out with my friends from way back. I was so so so glad I did. It was much fun and I am still rocking my locs in zigzag curls with an attitude. Just thought to drop a quick one on how I have maintained my locs for a whole week without loosing them. Rocking my Zigzag curls, one week in. Wore them down the whole time. Here's my simple 3 step process. 1. The Satin Bonnet Sleep in a Satin bonnet or Scarf. The primary reason for this is to retain moisture and ensure your locs are not picking up lint from your beddings. The added advantage is that is helps to retain your curls when you are asleep as well. :) 2. The Shower Cap + Tee Shirt Take a bath/shower in a shower cap. reinforced with a tee shirt. Yep, if you are trying to retain your curls water isn't your friend. Once water touches your loc curls they are gone. So I use a tee shirt to hold my shower cap up to ensure I don't get water on