Skip to main content

My First Length Check - 100% Nigerian Hair (Locs)

Hello Fellas,

So excited to be writing a new post. Learning to make Sunday's my me days and today has really worked out well even though I've spent most of it treating my locs and my belly too X_X. It's been 5years and a couple of months since this journey started and I'm so glad I'm gone past those days where I felt like my hair wasn't growing at all. I am now at that point where I feel like it is growing sha but not growing fast enough.


Length check - 5years +
Locitude, Ade Balogun

I got the Length check tee at one of Naija Hair Can Grow’s Salon Day Out some time back. If you want to try out the Length check tee reach out to Dabs on Instagram or Facebook - @naijahaircangrow


The picture above is me today the 15th of February, 2015 and I just had a wash with Jamaican Mango and Lime TingleShampoo, Conditioned with the Protein Shampoo. My hair was still damp when I took the picture and as you can see the longest strand is just a tad bit over the 10" mark. Yaaaaaaaaayi. However for the record, I'll stick to saying my locs are about 9" long.


Whilst I’m very happy with my length, texture and body of my locs it would be interesting to see how much longer it grows in another 6 months.  I am so looking forward to the day when I’ll be rocking my drawing board flat tummy and will be spotted on the beach with locs long enough to replace my bikini… Hahaha – Dreams come true.

It is very important to note that I have taken better care of my locs this past year than I did in the first four years. Contrary to what many say and think my locs have been low maintenance and low cost, especially because I have been doing them myself.  In my experience so far, I can tell you for free that with locs it’s really not about what you put in your hair, it more about what stays out.

IF YOU STOP COMBING YOUR HAIR IT WILL LOC.

Alrighty, its almost mid night and I have to battle with the pipe cleaners in my locs before bed. This week or maybe two I’ll be rocking the ribbon curls with an attitude… follow me on Instagram, facebook and twitter for real time updates @locitude.

Xoxo,

Your Loc Head,

Ade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Locitude #LocInspiration Hair Styles for Short Locs.

Hello Loc Heads, This one is obviously for fellow loc heads in the awkward phase of their locs. The awkward phase is usually sometime around Day 1 - Year 2; when your head is full of scalp after a fresh re-twist and your locs seem too scanty, when your hair unravels after a fresh re-twist before you say can say Jack Robinson; when you think water is your worst enemy because it's preventing your locs from forming; when you are having a bad hair day and you feel like - Oh God if only I could get my hair into a ponytail it would do. I can go on and on... but instead I present you with 7 Style Ideas for short locs. #LocInspiration no. 1: Loc loops or Loc petals. Reminds me of a cropped hair cut, this style looks classy and elegant. Can be worn to an event. It's also neat and can help with a more serious/subtle look. #LocInspiration no. 2: Pinned Up side. Even though it is just pinning up one side of your locs, it always make a difference. A touch Style. You can use ha

Hair How To: Loc Loops/Petals in 4 easy steps.

Hello, #TGIF #ItsTheWeekendBaby #PhotoShootModeActivated #Locitude #HairHowTo #LocsAndAttitude #LocWorkshop #ComingSoon #OkReadBelow. I'm obviously excited, payments for my shipment on brand new dada products stock has finally gone through (It is not easy to be a Nigerian #That'sAll), now waiting for the products to get here. I hope it doesn't take forever. I found this FREE accounting app called waves app, which is helping keep my spend together. I usually get excited when I learn new stuff, so yaaaayi. Seems this hobby is becoming a business sooner than I imagined. Sorry back to the Loc loop Tutorial... Step 1: Select two strands of locs close to each other. (You can use only one strand of loc only or 3-4 depending on how thick your locs are) Step 2: Take the ends of your strands, fold them towards the roots making a loop Step 3: Fasten the base of the loop with a tiny rubber band. Make sure it's not too tight. Step 4: Style to your taste

How I Keep My Loc Curls in Check - The 3 step process.

Hey y'all, Today was a good me day, got to hang out with my friends from way back. I was so so so glad I did. It was much fun and I am still rocking my locs in zigzag curls with an attitude. Just thought to drop a quick one on how I have maintained my locs for a whole week without loosing them. Rocking my Zigzag curls, one week in. Wore them down the whole time. Here's my simple 3 step process. 1. The Satin Bonnet Sleep in a Satin bonnet or Scarf. The primary reason for this is to retain moisture and ensure your locs are not picking up lint from your beddings. The added advantage is that is helps to retain your curls when you are asleep as well. :) 2. The Shower Cap + Tee Shirt Take a bath/shower in a shower cap. reinforced with a tee shirt. Yep, if you are trying to retain your curls water isn't your friend. Once water touches your loc curls they are gone. So I use a tee shirt to hold my shower cap up to ensure I don't get water on